Hi guys!!!
For my reflection 2, I will write about 3 teaching pedagogy
or method which I would apply for a Form 4 class. As usual I will explain it
with using an example for Economics subject.
First of all, I would like to give a definition of pedagogy.
Pedagogy is the method and practices of teaching especially as an academic
subject or theoretical subject. There are many type of pedagogy and it was
based on 3 school of thought that was explained by me in the reflection 1. Direct
instruction, Team based learning, critical thinking, active learning are some
example of pedagogy.
Lets go into deep of teaching pedagogy that I would like to
apply for Form 4 student. First, I will choose direct instruction as a teaching method in my economics class. Direct
instruction is straightforward teaching
method or we can also call it as teacher-directed method. It is means that
the teacher stand in front of the class and present the subject. But in the
direct instruction they have the step that the teacher need to follow it to
achieve education goals.
As you can see the picture above, I will explain it using an
example. For the chapter 2 which is “pendapatan
dan penggunaan pendapatan individu”. In this chapter, I will explain first
about the definition of it terms. Then, I will teach them step by step how to
find “upah benar”. It will includes
with all the formulas. After explained all the step I will give some exercise
at the whiteboard and the student will answer and I will guide them. For the
closure I will conclude all the chapter that was cover today and I will give homework
to the student. Lastly, the student need to submit their homework so that I can
assess the student progress. I think the direct instruction is an effective teaching
method for form 4 student who just exposed with new subject. It will make them
easy to understand with the step that I was provided and follow it to solve the
problem. As a teacher, I can see their
progress after they submit their homework and explain it again if they don’t understand
it.
Teaching with cases is present student with real life problem and enables them to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real life situations. It will exposed to the student with the real example. So they will easy to understand
because it was real and happen in real life. In learning it is very important
if they can see the actual thing. For example, in Economics system there have 4
system which is capitalism, command, mixed and Islamic economy. I can explain
them what the country who applied this economic system. For mixed economy, I can
choose Malaysia as an example for them. Malaysia promotes freedom to do business to the individuals
while at the same time it involves government intervention. So the student will
see the examples around them. It can help them to boost their knowledge and understanding
about it.
Collaborative learning is two
or more student will form a group to work together. They will responsible
as a individual and also group. In the group, the student will get different
kind of ideas and their knowledge will gain more. They will not shy if they
work in the group rather than in the class if they want to ask something. They will
discussed about the topics and brainstorm their ideas. They will not feel hard
to find the ideas because they work together. For example, I want they to fine
more about the economic systems and give example for each of them. So the
student will form a group and work together to find an example of it.
In conclusion, as a
teacher we need to variety our teaching method so that the student will be feel
interested to learn. With different kind of teaching method it will help student
to more understandable because every student have different style in learning.


0 comments:
Post a Comment