HI guys!!!
I will update my reflection 1 today!!! Enjoy my post =)
There are three school of thought can be use in pedagogy
methods which is behaviorist, cognitive and humanistic. If I am a teacher, I will
choose behaviorist school of thought to practice in my economics subject
class. Behaviorist school of thought can be explained that behavioral cause
by the environment rather than external forces. Its means how the environment can
influence in our behavioral.
Why I want to practice behavioral school of thought rather
than humanistic and cognitive? Nowadays, the school system in Malaysia mostly
used behavioral school of thought. Behavioral is follow or imitating steps or
process from the teacher procedure. As I mention earlier that I will teach
Economics subject that particularly has some calculation. I think it is easy
for student to follow the procedures that I guide for them. There are many
advantage from this school of thought. First, I can shape the student behavioral
quickly. For example, as a teacher I need to be punctual to come to the class
so the student will know that they need to punctual too because they know that
Economics class will be start on time. Next, the student will adapt with the environment.
For example, after my class I will give 2 pages exercise, so they have to adapt
that after my class they will get 2 pages exercise. When we use behaviorist
school of thought their behavior can be measured. For example, I can use test or
pop quiz to measure either they can solve the problem correctly or not. Actually
the student can be changed and controlled.
![]() |
| IVAN PAVLOV |
Ivan Pavlov is one of the philosopher in behaviorist school of thought. Ivan Pavlov create an
experiment about the dog and bell. In this experiment, Ivan Pavlov wanted to
see whether external stimuli can affect the salivation process. Ivan Pavlov will ring the bell when he give a food to the dog and the will salivate when
the dog see the food. After a while with a same situation, then he bell without
a food and the dog will salivate although it didn’t has a food. Ivan Pavlov this learning as a process “conditioning”. From this experiment we know that the
environment can influence behavioral.
In conclusion, if I practice
this school of thought, I think it can
change the student behavioral. For example, in my class there are no student
will be excuse from solve the problem that I give. So the student will know
that they need to solve the problem that I give to them.


0 comments:
Post a Comment